Centralina Career Headlight Links Our Region’s Workforce, Education and Job Market
Launched in April 2014, Career Headlight is a first step in implementing the award-winning “Jobs, Workforce and Education Alignment Strategy for the Greater Charlotte Region,” in the region’s “Prosperity for Greater Charlotte Economic Development Strategy.”
Career Headlight received an Innovation Award in 2014 from the National Association of Development Organizations (NADO).
Career Headlight fills a gap in our region because:
- Employers want a better way to match people’s interests with the skills required for available careers in the region, and link them to local education and training.
- Half of the region’s workforce crosses a county line each day so the region needs one tool that gives region-wide career and education information.
- Communities want to retain their workers and young people when they graduate, and the region wants to retain its talented workforce.
- When career seekers pursue areas of high job growth in the region, it supplies local business and industry with needed qualified workers.
- It provides a one-stop resource that covers occupations and education in the 17-county, two-state region with more than 50 high education institutions, seven workforce boards and dozens of economic development agencies.
Career Headlight is Fast and Easy to Use
- An award-winning software platform that provides:
- Up-to-date county-level job demand and education data not found on any other career tool.
- Top careers ranked by salary, growth, and other metrics for each county or sub-region.
- Careers filtered by level of education required (one-year certificate, two-year Associate’s, etc.) and career field (medical, business, etc.).
- A list of educational institutions and their certificate and degree programs matched to each career.
- A two-minute survey that lets users pick their top skills on 20 sliders and see a list of matching careers.
- A user-friendly interface with:
- intuitive dashboards
- user-manipulated sliding scales and dropdowns
- tablet-friendly design
- The ability to bookmark education and career choices, using a password- protected account.
Testimonials About Centralina Career Headlight
-- Keri Allman, DirectorR3 Career Services Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
-- Joann P. DiggsContract Manager Youth and Family Services Salisbury Rowan Community Action Agency, Inc.
— Bill Thunberg, ChairmanCentralina Economic Development Commission
— Michael RealonCareer and Development Coordinator Olympic Community Schools
— Natasha Pender, Senior Employment Program ManagerCentralina Area Agency on Aging
— Shenita RussellYouth Development Specialist Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency, Inc.
— Amy WeathermanTalent Development Counselor Supervisor Centralina WDB NCWorks Career Centers
— Amie Coffey, MBAEmployer Services Consultant Centralina WDB NCWorks Career Centers